WOMEN OF VARIOUS COUNTRIES, ETHNICITIES, RACES, AND OTHER GROUP IDENTITIES
Please note: This page is no longer being maintained. Please visit the new website of the University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian.
General and Mega-Sites
August 13, 2007.
- Women of
Color Sites list maintained by Joan Korenman.
- International Women's Conferences, Concerns, and Resources
page within our site leads to women-focused information from the United Nations,
human rights watchdog organizations, and elsewhere.
- Women of Color Web from
the Harvard School of Public Health focuses on issues of feminism, sexuality,
and reproductive health and rights.
- Women of Color Resource Center,
in Berkeley, CA. Site includes excerpts from the Center's newsletter,
Sister to Sister /s2s
- Review of websites on women from developing and
post-Communist countries, by Laura Parisi, from Feminist
Sites on a Particular Country, Ethnicity, Race, or Other Group Identity
- AFRICAN AND AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN
- ABANTU promotes gender in an African
- Women section of Stanford's Africa South of the Sahara Page.
- African Women's Bibliographic
Database on the Africabib.org
site, which also includes Women
Travelers, Explorers and Missionaires to Africa: 1763-1999: A Comprehensive
English Language Bibliography, by Davis Bullwinkle.
- Black American
Feminism Bibliography, by Sherri Barnes
- Enda Third World, based
in Dakar, Senegal, works on environmental development action. One of its
programs is Enda Synfev,
Synergy, Gender and Development, which promotes development that benefits
women, particularly in Africa.
- FEMNET is the African Women's
Development and Communication Network, based in Kenya.
- Blackgirl International site
includes links to other sites recommended by site visitors.
in Africa Resources (UW-Madison Women's Studies course page)
- Women's Net is a networking initiative
in South Africa. One of its focuses is on preventing violence against
- RAWA: Revolutionary
Association of the Women of AFGHANISTAN
- AUSTRALIAN WOMEN
- CANADIAN WOMEN
- CHINESE WOMEN
- INDIA AND SOUTH ASIA
- IRANIAN WOMEN
- Iranian Women's Studies Foundation
has addresses in Berkeley, CA and Cambridge, MA.'s women's section, from
The Embassy of The Islamic Republic of Iran in Ottawa, CA.
- ZAN contains news about and other material
on Iranian women
- ISRAELI WOMEN
- Adva Center researches
equality and social justice in Israel, and publishes Israel Equality
Monitor and other publications.
- Israel Women's Network works against discrimination in the workplace
and home. For more women's organizations in Israel, see Denise
in Israel links from the Jewish Student Online Research Center (JSOURCE).
- JEWISH WOMEN
- Selected Jewish Women's Organizations, Institutes, and Archives
- Women and the Holocaust
- Other Sites
- Annotated Bibliography and Guide to
Archival Resources on the History of Jewish Women in America,
by Phyllis Holman Weisbard.
of Jewish Women, from the Jewish Virtual Library, The American-Israeli
Women in Southern Arizona site created by students in the women's
studies course "Women and Western Culture," taught by Kari McBride,
University of Arizona, Spring, 1999.
Jewish Women in History, Literature, Law, and Art: An Annotated Bibliography,
compiled by Cheryl Tallan (Working Paper #7, 2000, updated 2006, from the Hadassah
International Research Institute on Jewish Women, in pdf)
- Syllabi for courses in American Jewish Women's History, taught by
Nadel, American University and Regina
Stein, Temple University.
Women's History links from the Dinur Center for Research in Jewish
History, Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Women of the
Book: an exhibition of 90 Jewish women artists who have created
- LATIN AMERICANS AND CHICANAS
- MIDDLE EAST AND MUSLIM WOMEN (see also by country name)
- NATIVE AMERICANS
- Q Web Sweden promotes women's
health and empowerment in SWEDEN and elsewhere.
- RUSSIAN WOMEN AND FORMER SOVIET UNION
- SOUTHEAST ASIA
- TIBETAN Women's Association,
headquartered in Dharmasala, India.
- Donna Hughes has several papers on the war in Yugoslavia and women,
Organizing in Belgrade, Serbia: 1990-94," from Canadian Women’s
Studies/Les Cahiers de la Femme, v. 16, no. 1, pp. 95-97, 1995
Resistance to War and Violence in Serbia," from Frontline
Feminisms (Garland Press, 1999)
in Black Against the War in Yugoslavia," from Feminista!
v.3, no. 1 (May 1999)
- For additional articles, see her homepage.
Return to top
Return to Wisconsin Women's Studies Librarian's
This page maintained by the
University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian
430 Memorial Library, 728 State Street, Madison, WI 53706
Send updates, comments, or questions to the Women's Studies Librarian by emailing wiswsl at (replace with "@") library.wisc.edu
Links checked March, 2006. Lightly updated March 3, 2006.