Academic/Professional Women's Organizations
- The Aphra Behn Society promotes research that focuses on "issues of gender and/or women's role in the arts of early modern culture, circa 1660-1800."
- American Association of University
Descriptions of AAUW projects, issues, fellowships and grants.
- American College Personnel Association's Standing Committee for Women.
- The American Library Association has a Feminist Task Force (FTF) , a Committee on the Status of Women in Librarianship (COSWL), and a Women and Gender Studies Section (WGSS). Newsletters: Women in Libraries (FTF) and WSS Newsletter.
- American Political Science Association. Women and Politics Research Section. Newsletter.
Psychological Association Division 35: Psychology of Women
- American Sociological
Association Section on Sex and Gender and
Section on Race, Gender, and Class
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has a Committee on Women in Computing.
- Association for Jewish Studies has a Women's Caucus.
- Association for Middle East Women's
- Association for Women Geoscientists
- Assocation for Women in Communications
- Association for Women in Computing
- Association for Women's Rights in Development
includes practitioners, scholars, and policy makers.
- Association for Women in Science
(AWIS) site includes articles from AWIS Magazine.
- Association for Women in
- Association of Women Professionals is a networking organization for women executives.
- Modern Language Association Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession The MLA has also had a Women's Caucus for the Modern Languages.
- Coordinating Council for Women
in History maintains a list of affiliated
- Exceptional Women in Publishing (formerly WIPP) supports women in print and online magazine publishing.
- Feministas Unidas,
a coalition of feminist scholars in Spanish, Spanish American Luso-Brazilian,
Afro-Latin American, and U.S. Latina/o Studies
- Feminists Against Academic Discrimination (FAAD) assists women professors and administrators who experience discrimination in an academic workplace.
of Science Society Women's Caucus
- Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology
- (National) Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science runs WomenTechWorld.Org, (Women's Technician Club), for women technicians to connect with each other online. IWITTS "provides the tools to successfully integrate women into male-dominated careers." WomenTechWorld.Org links to many other sites on women in technology.
Association for Feminist Economics
- International Association of Women in Radio & Television
- International Centre for Women Playwrights supports female dramatists around the world. Site includes a newsletter, Seasons and databases of playwrights and plays.
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Women, Information and Libraries Discussion Group.
- International Game Developers Association has a Special Interest Group on Women in Games that supports women in the industry as well as women players, through education, mentoring, and research.
Studies Association, Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section
- National Women's Studies Association
(NWSA) promotes feminist teaching, learning, and research, professional
and community service at all educational levels, and the interdisciplinary
field of women's studies.
- Organization for the Study of Communication,
Language, and Gender and its affiliate publication, Women
- Society for Music Theory
Committee on the Status of Women site includes a Bibliography
of Sources Related to Women's Studies, Gender Studies, Feminism, and Music
- Society for the Study of American Women Writers "promotes the study of American women writers through research, teaching, and publication."
- Society for Women
in Philosophy (SWIP) site includes syllabi, articles, and other resources,
maintained by Cynthia Freeland, University of Houston.
of American Archivists Women's Collections Roundtable
- Society of Women Engineers.
- Society of Women in GIS offers mutual support for women who work with geographic information systems.
- Women in Animation promotes women's roles in the art and industry of animation.
- Women in Cable & Telecommunications advocates and offers leadership training.
in Engineering of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics
Engineers (IEEE) seeks to "inspire, engage, encourage, and empower IEEE women worldwide."
- Women in French
promotes feminist scholarship in French language, literature, and civilization.
- Women in Games International promotes the inclusion and advancement of women in the global games industry.
- Women in German promotes
feminist scholarship in German language, literature, and culture.
- Women in German Studies
is for female Germanists in Great Britain and Ireland.
- Women in Publishing promotes
the status of women in publishing and related trades and others training and
- Women in Telecommunications has a membership mostly in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Women in Technology International works to empower women in business and technology.
Classical Caucus seeks to incorporate feminist and gender-informed perspectives
in the study and teaching of all aspects of ancient Mediterranean cultures.
- Women's International
Studies Europe, a European feminist studies association.
- Women and Gender Studies Section of the
Association of College and Research Libraries, USA