- Artemis Press is an "internet-based,
non-subsidy, royalty-paying electronic publisher of fiction and nonfiction
titles of interest to the worldwide women's community.
- Ash Tree Publishing offers
herbal medicine books for women's health.
- Aunt Lute Books is a not-for-profit,
multicultural women's press.
- Blue Point Books on working
- Bywater Books publishes lesbian/feminist literary fiction.
- Calyx in Oregon publishes
literature and essays.
- CleisPress publishes in the areas of sexuality, gay and lesbian studies, erotica, fiction, gender studies, and human rights
- Conari Press an imprint of Red Wheel/Weiser, publishes books on women's issues as well as spirituality, personal growth, parenting, and social issues
- Edgework Books
offered works by Kim Chernin and others (ceased?
- Feminist Press of CUNY
- Firebrand Books is a feminist and lesbian press.
- Girl Press published "strong
books for strong girls"
- Green Dragon
Press publishes women's history and equity issues materials.
- Honno publishes women writers in Wales.
- Hysteria is an imprint of Sourcebooks
covering women's humor.
- Isis International,
Manila, has books on women's health and women in development.
- Kali For Women (India) divided into two new publishing ventures in 2003: Women Unlimited and Zubaan.
(Book dealers in India that have extensive women's studies catalogs on the web include
Bagchee Associates (select "women
studies" from among the catalog categories), and Vedams
Books International, both of which list books published
in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.)
- Kelsey Street Press, Berkeley,
CA, is a literary publisher whose books often include drawings and photographs.
- Ladybug Press
- Mayapple Press publishes
Great Lakes regional poetry and poetry by women.
- MotherBaby Press is the publishing division of Midwifery Today.
- Naiad Press, founded in 1973,
offers lesbian books and videos.
Prabartana is a bookstore and the "first and only feminist publishing
house in Bangladesh."
- New Victoria Publishers has
lesbian feminist works.
- Onlywomen Press, founded in 1974 by lesbian feminist activists, offers novels, crime fiction, short story collections, cultural criticism, and poetry.
- Paris Press is a literary publisher.
- Press Gang Press (now closed) from British Columbia, Canada, covered topics from women's
history to sexual abuse and psychiatry. A history
of the Press is available through the Celebrating
Women's Achievements section of the website of the National Library
- Red Letter Press is a "volunteer-run, not-for-profit feminist and socialist book publisher."
- Redstockings is the place
to turn to for original pamphlets, broadsides, journals, and audiotapes
from and about the Women's Liberation Movement, 1968-1972.
- Seal Press offers fiction and
- Second Story Press
of Toronto, Canada, publishes fiction and non-fiction for adults and children.
- Sisters in Crime
(SinC) "is an international organization of writers, readers, booksellers,
librarians, agents, editors, reviewers and teachers interested in promoting
the work of women mystery writers." Site includes a bibliography, arranged
by author and books-in-print catalogs, which currently works for children
and young adult and works in German.
- Spinifex Press publishes
fiction and non-fiction by Australians and others.
- Spinsters Ink, formerly based in Minnesota and now in Florida, focuses on fiction and nonfiction that "speak to the issues central to women’s lives."
- Stree Books, Kolkata, India, "publishes
on the fundamental issues facing women in India today work
and the workplace; class relations and political subjection; marriage
and the family; and the impact of religion, culture and ideology on
society." Many publications are translated from Indian languages into English.
- Switchback Books is a feminist poetry press in Chicago.
- Tolu2Books Washington, DC, publishes
Why and How Women are Exploited by MenWorldwide.
- Volcano Press, Volcano, CA,
covers domestic violence issues and also publishes books for children.
- Uncut/Voices Press is publishing books against the practices of female genital mutilation.
- Wish Publishing's
interests are women's sports, health, and fitness.
- Women, Ink distributes books on women
and development from over 70 publishers including UNIFEM. See description on the International Women's Tribune Centre site.
- Women Unlimited is a non-profit
associate of Kali for Women (India) that
publishes scholarly and academic books
in the social sciences; fiction; general interest non-fiction; books for
young adults; pamphlets and monographs; and activist material.
- Women's Press, Canada, publishes Canadian feminist writers. Canadian Scholars' Press has managed the company since 2000.
- Women's Press, U.K.,
offers mysteries and other works
- Zubaan is an imprint of Kali for Women;
it is an independent non-profit
publishing house in India that publishes "Gender and Reproductive Health/Sexuality, Gender and Conflict, Gender and Architecture, Gender and Law, Gender and History/National Movement, Gender and Economics, The North East of India (including essays and fiction), Fiction in translation, mostly novels, Readers on the Women's Movement/Feminism, Biographies/Autobiographies/Memoirs."
- Women's publishers list from Women's Institute for Freedom of the Press (includes several presses without websites.)