Women's Studies Programs, Departments, Centers, and Libraries
In the United States
- University at Albany, SUNY
- Research Center for Women and Girls, Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI.
- Women and Politics Institute, School of Public Affairs, American University
- Center for Research on Women with Disabilities, Baylor College of Medicine
- Brandeis University has a Women's Studies Research Center and is also the home of the Hadassah Brandeis Institute. 614 HBI E-Zine is the Institute's newsletter.
- Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women, Brown University
- Catalyst is a nonprofit research and advisory organization working to advance women in business and the professions.
- University of California Davis
- Center for the Study of Women, University of California Los Angeles. CSW Update is the Center's newsletter.
- Center for Research on Women & Social Justice, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Center for Feminist Research, University of Southern California.
- Center for Women Policy Studies is an independent feminist policy research and advocacy institution located in Washington, DC. It has a newsletter.
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender, Columbia University
- Avon Global Center for Women and Justice , Cornell University Law School.
- Five College Women's Studies Research Center, housed on the Mount Holyoke campus, is co-sponsored by Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts.
- Women's Research Center, University of Central Florida
- Center for Women's Studies and Gender Research, University of Florida.
- Pamela York Klainer Center for Women and Business, SUNY Geneseo
- Center for the Study of Women, Science, & Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Center for Gender & Refugee Studies,
Hastings College of Law, University of California, supports women asylum-seekers fleeing gender related harm.
- African American Women's Institute, Howard University
- Center for Research on Women and Gender, the University of Illinois at Chicago. Building Research Connections is the Center's newsletter.
- Institute for Women's Policy Research, Washington, DC is "is the leading think tank in the U.S. focusing primarily on domestic women’s issues". Publishes IWPR Quarterly Newsletter and Research News Reporter.
- International Center for Research on Women, Washington, DC, researches issues of gender and development.
- Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics, Iowa State University, includes the Archives of Women's Political Communication.
- Kinsey Research Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction, Indiana University
- Gannon Center for Women and Leadership, Loyola University
- Center for Research on Women, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee. Standpoint was its newsletter, through 2007.
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Mississippi Sarah Isom Center for Women and Gender Studies; its newsletter
- The National Council for Research on Women (U.S.) site includes their Directory of Member Centers and information about other NCRW publications, initiatives, and conferences.
- National Research Center for Women & Families promotes the health and safety of women, children, and families
- National Women's Law Center works to get new laws on the books and enforced; litigates ground-breaking cases in state and federal courts, and educates the public about ways to make the law and public policies work for women
- Women of Color Policy Network, affiliate ofthe Research Center for Leadership in Action, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New
- Newcomb College Center for Research on Women, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Center for the Study of Women in Society, University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- Susan B. Anthony Institute for Women and Gender, University of Rochester
- Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film, in the School of Theatre, Television and Film at San Diego State
- Center for Research on Gender and Sexuality, San Francisco State.
- Center for Gender in Organizations, Simmons School of Management, Simmons College
- Society for Women's Health Research advocates for inclusion of women in research studies, more funding to research women's health, etc.
- Southwest Institute for Research on Women, housed at the University of Arizona; covers 30 campuses in the Southwest.
- Southwest Women's Law Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Women's Research & Resource Center, Spelman College
- Center for Women's Intercultural Leadership, St. Mary's College, Notre Dame
- Michelle R. Clayman Institute for Gender Research, Stanford University focuses on women and gender in science, engineering, technology, mathematics, and business
- Center for Women's Health and Human Rights, Suffolk University, Boston, MA
- Institute for Women's Health, Texas Woman's University; its newsletter
- Institute for Teaching and Research on Women, Towson State University, Towson, Maryland includes the National Center for Curriculum Transformation Resources on Women.
- The Wellesley Centers for Women include the Center for Research on Women and the Stone Center for Developmental Services and Studies, which has done theoretical work on women's psychological development. The Centers are at Wellesley College, Wellesley, Massachusetts; Research & Action Report is its newsletter.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Women's Research and Education Institute's mission is to inform and help shape policies around women's issues.
- Families and Work Institute provides research on the changing family, workplace, and community. See also the database and other resources on the
Sloan Work and Family Research Network.
Selected Centers Outside the United States
- Canadian Research Institute for the
Advancement of Women (CRIAW)
- Centre for Women's
and Gender Studies, University of British Columbia, includes the Centre for Race, Autobiography, Gender and Age Studies
- Women's College Research Institute researches women and health
Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies, McGill University
- McMaster Research Centre
for the Promotion of Women's Health, McMaster University The
FREDA Centre for Research on Violence against Women and Children, co-sponsored
by Simon Fraser University, the University of British Columbia, and
- Centre for Women's Studies in
Education, University of Toronto site includes publications and a list of feminist theses completed there, 1972-2006.
- Centre for Women's Studies
and Feminist Research at The University of Western Ontario
- Center for Advancement of Women in Politics is based in the School of Politics and International Studies in Queen's University Belfast. The Center aims to foster "an appreciation of women's contribution to politics, government and public decision making in the UK and Ireland."
- La Escalera Karakola,
Madrid, "has housed projects investigating the working conditions and
urban experience of migrant women, debates about the transformations of the
LGBT movement, lesbian marriage and the pink market, discussions
about the feminist grounding for antimilitarist interventions."
- The Gender Equality Network (GeNet), sponsored by the Economic and Social Research Council, included research projects in eight universities in the UK. Project finished as of 3/31/2010. Working papers and news will continue to be mounted.