Women's Studies Programs, Departments, Centers, and Libraries
- Archival Sites for
Women's Studies, maintained by Nina Clements as part of WSSLINKS
Women and Gender Studies web site of the Women's Studies Section, American
- The Lesbian
and Gay Archives Roundtable of the Society of American Archivists has
Legacies Guide to primary source material relating to the history and
culture of lesbian, bisexual, gay, and transgendered (LBGT) people held by
repositories in North America.
- Mapping the World of Women's Information
Services Project is a database of libraries, archives, organizations,
and other information service providers, maintained by Atria Institute on Gender equality and Women's History, Amsterdam (formerly Aletta and International Informatiecentrum en Archief voor de Vrouwenbeweging International Information
Center and Archives for the Women's Movement)
Institutions and Collections in the United States
- International Archive of Women in
Architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Feminist Theory Archives, Pembroke Center, Brown University
- Gerber/Hart Library, the
Midwest's largest gay, lesbian and bisexual circulating library, archives
and resource center.
Women's Archive includes
exhibits on Rebecca Gratz, Lillian Wald, Molly Picon, Emma Lazarus, Hannah
Greenbaum Solomon, Justine Wise Polier and others.
- Lesbian Herstory
Archives, New York, NY
- ONE Institute: International Gay and Lesbian Archives is part of the University of Southern California Libraries.
- Arthur and Elizabeth Schlesinger
Library for the History of Women in America, Radcliffe Institute,
- Archives of Women's Political Communication, Carrie Chapman Call Center for Women and Politics, Iowa State University
- Archives of Women
in Science and Engineering, Iowa State University
- Sophia Smith
Collection, Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Archives for Research on Women and Gender (ARWG) project, University of Texas at San Antonio
Institutions, Collections, and Library Databases Outside the United States
- Jessie Street National
Women's Library, Sydney, Australia.
- Ariadne is a database from Austria that covers articles in journals, anthologies, and conference proceedings in the humanities, especially concerning Austrian women. In German, but may be searched in English.
- FRIDA: Network of Austrian Women's
Studies Libraries and Archives.
- RoSa Documentation Centre and Archives on Feminism, Equal Opportunity, and Women's Studies, Belgium.
- Women's Educational
Resource Collection, Ontario Inst. for Studies in Education (OISE), University
of Toronto, is Canada's largest feminist documentation centre.
- Kvinfo: Danish Centre for Information
on Women and Gender, Denmark.
- FFBIZ (Frauenforschungs-,
-bildungs- und -informationszentrum e.V.), Berlin, Germany, contains
11,000 volumes, plus archival collections. It also offer Paid information
brokering on women and on gender studies.
of Cologne, Germany's "Gender Inn", is a searchable database of
books in women's studies. Books are in English or German. Subject terms are
in German. May be searched in either language.
- Centre for Women's Development Studies,
New Delhi, India, and its library (intermittently doesn't work)
- SPARROW: Sound and Picture Archives
for Research on Women, Mumbai (Bombay), India
- Irish women's history research is helped by the Guide to Sources on Women's History in the National Archives of Ireland.
- IHLIA Gay and Lesbian Archive and Documentation
Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands (site in Dutch)
- Aletta: Institute for Women's History, Amsterdam, Netherlands, part of Atria Institute on Gender Equality and Women's History.
- Glasgow Women's Library,
Scotland, includes the Lesbian Archives and Information Center.
- Kvinnsam is a database from Sweden that covers women's, men's, and gender studies. (If this link does not go directly to the English version, then click on "English," which brings you to the homepage of Libris, the Swedish national library system. From there, click on "special databases" and select Kvinnsam.)
- The Feminist Archive, University of Bristol,
- The Women's Library (formerly
the Fawcett Library) is the National Library of Women in the UK. It is housed at London Metropolitan University.