Women's Studies Distance Education and Online Courses, Degrees, and Other Material
- Academic Earth
includes "free video courses from leading universities." Search will find terms associated with individual lectures in courses.
- Folksemantic is a database of open education resources. Search for "women" or "gender"
across all the resources or limit to those connected to courses.
- OER Commons (Open Educational Resources) contains course-related material for K-university (level, full course vs. module, conditions of use, etc. can be specified in the advanced search.
Universities and Courses
- Athabasca University's Women's
Studies courses and degrees by distance ed.
- Catherine of Siena Virtual College
offers "gender justice education" online.
- Distance Education Clearinghouse,
from the University of Wisconsin Extension includes links to online journals,
bibliographies, articles, new items, legislation, and Wisconsin-focused information
and distance education
courses in many fields, including women and gender studies. The Extension
also offers several independent study
(correspondence) college-level women's studies courses and one for high
schoolers: Quest for Equality: A Look at the American Women's Movement.
- European Comparative Course
on Gender and Politics is part of the Diotima
Project in the European Union.
Cyberspace: Multimedia and Multicultural Genderstudies in Europe is a
two-year European partnership project aiming at developing an Intensive, Open
and Distance Learning Programme 'Interdisciplinary and Multicultural Women's
Studies in Europe' using new media and Information and Communication Technologies.
- Global Network Academy provides
a central listing of online courses and degree programs worldwide. Searching
the Distance Learning
Catalog for "women" or "gender" yields descriptions of several courses [links not working; may be defunct June 2009]
- MIT Open Courseware Program in Women's and Gender Studies online courses.
- Thorneloe University's
women's studies correspondence courses (Sudbury, Ontario, Canada)
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's Women's Studies Undergraduate Online Certificate
- Western Kentucky University Online Graduate certificates in Women's Studies and other fields
- "Women Artists of the American
West" Internet course, co-developed by Susan Ressler, Purdue University
(Concept developer, editor) Jerrold Maddox, Penn State University (Web developer).
- Women's Continuing
Education Online has links to courses "for career development and