Please note: This page is no longer being maintained. Please visit the new website of the University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian.
August 13, 2007.
HIGHER EDUCATION AND GENDER
Return to top
Commissions, Offices, and Reports on the Status of Women at Various Universities
Arranged by highlighted named element.
to WSSLINKS: Women, Girls, and Education
Committees on the Status of Women in the Disciplines and Professions
Articles, Reports and Surveys from National Research Centers
- Women in Higher Education,
American Association of University Professors, Issues page.
- Office of Women in Higher
Education of the American Council on Education "identifies, develops,
advances, and supports women leaders in higher education." Site includes
a database of women leaders in higher ed., state level information, and
- More Women Serve As College Presidents, ACE Survey Shows, Higher
Education and National Affairs, v. 49, no. 16 (Sept. 11, 2000), from
the American Council on Education.
- Guidelines for Promoting Gender Equity in Higher Education in Central and Eastern Europe. Papers on Higher Education. By Mihaela Miroiu, 2003.
- Higher Education Leadership: Analyzing the Gender Gap. ASHE-ERIC Higher
Education Report, Vol. 25, No. 4, by Luba Chliwniak
Towers: Feminist Audits," annual statistics on women in the academy
in Canada for the Women's
and Equity Issues portfolio of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Project on the Status
and Education of Women of the Association of American Colleges and Universities
is spearheading a National Initiative
for Women in Higher Education.
- Realizing Gender Equality in Higher Education: The Need To Integrate Work/Family Issues. 1991 ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report 2,
by Nancy Hensel.
- Salary, Promotion, and Tenure Status of Minority and Women Faculty in U.S. Colleges and Universities, by Michael Nettles, Laura Perna, Ellen Bradburn and Linda Zimbler, U.S. National Center for Educational Statistics, 2000
Education and Gender Equity, by Jo Sanders. ERIC Digest # ED408277,
in Community College Leadership Roles, by Veronica Getskow. ERIC Digest
# 400025, October 1996.
- Women in Mathematics and
Science: Findings from The Condition of Education 1997, no. 11 from the
U.S. National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
- The Educational
Progress of Women: Findings from The Condition of Education 1995, no.
5 from NCES.
Return to Wisconsin Women's Studies Librarian's
This page maintained by the
University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian
430 Memorial Library, 728 State Street, Madison, WI 53706
Send updates, comments, or questions to the Women's Studies Librarian by emailing wiswsl at (replace with "@") library.wisc.edu
Links checked March, 2006. Last updated March 22, 2005