WOMEN'S HEALTH SITES
Please note: This page is no longer being maintained. Please visit the new website of the University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian.
August 13, 2007.
Other Women's Health Sites
- Abortion information
sites linked from the Sunshine for Women site.
- Black Women's Health Imperative
- Review of breast cancer websites, by Ann Boyer,
from Feminist Collections.
of eating disorder websites, by Mary K. Walstrom, from Feminist
- Canadian Women's Health Network
- Center for Reproductive Rights has numerous
publications concerning the U.S. and other countries.
- Endo-Online is the website of
the Endometriosis Association.
- The Health Resource Guide from ELDIS: the gateway to development information, has a link to a search for "Gender and Health" documents.
- Gender and HIV/AIDS,
Annotated Bibliography, by Marita Eibl and Valerie Foster, on the Michigan
State University Women and International Development Program's site.
- Global Reproductive
Health Forum, from Harvard University
- Links (in German) from
the Graz Women's Health Center, in
Austria, including a bi-lingual list of health-related terms (in German and
- International Women's Health Coalition
is a nonprofit organization based in New York City that works with individuals
and groups in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to promote women's reproductive
and sexual health and rights.
- Jacobs Institute of Women's Health is
a nonprofit organization" working with health care professionals, researchers,
insurers, consumers and policy makers to
improve health care for women." Site includes publications available
- Kaiser Family Foundation's
Women's Health Policy page includes links to numerous
reports, surveys, and articles.
- Latin American and Caribbean
Women's Health Network
- Museum of Menstruation
- National Women's Health Information Center
is a project of the U.S. Public Health Service's Office on Women's Health.
Site includes data from a variety of federal and private sector organizations.
- National Women's Health Network
is the "only national public interest membership-based organization advocating
for the health of all U.S. women." Site includes summaries of available kits
on women's health issues, including Monpause/HRT, breast implants, breast
cancer, PMS, and alternative medicine; policy papers, membership information,
and instructions on how to obtain the Network's kits, newsletter, and other
publications. NWHN takes no money from any pharmaceutical or medical device
company, and information supplied is backed up by citations to medical literature.
- Netherlands Institute for Social
Sexological Research (NISSO) Database indexes academic material on health
and cultural aspects of sexuality. [Site gone, March 2005.]
- Nursing, Midwifery, and Allied Health Resources
- Our Bodies, Ourselves, the Boston Women's Health Book Collective, has a site describing the book, with a companion website of women's health information. and recommended links and resources.
- PregnancyInsurance.Org includes information about "Medicaid, maternity coverage, and alternative birthing options to help reduce prenatal care expenses." The site also includes useful links to other sites.
- Women's Health Hotline is an electronic
newsletter designed to provide the media with information on women's health.
Return to top
Return to Wisconsin Women's Studies Librarian's
This page maintained by the
University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian
430 Memorial Library, 728 State Street, Madison, WI 53706
Send updates, comments, or questions to the Women's Studies Librarian by emailing wiswsl at (replace with "@") library.wisc.edu
Updated February 17, 2007. Links checked April, 2006.